Saturday, October 24, 2009

Rain, Algebra, Christmas Presents and Scented Candles...

WARNING: For those of you who enjoy exciting news, this post may not be your thing. However if you like the updates about every day stuff, than this is right up your alley.

Okay, so maybe I have grabbed your attention (or at least your curiosity) with my post title! Actually the title fits perfectly as that is what I have been doing/thinking about today.

If you live anywhere near me, you already know why I am thinking about raindrops today! As my Aunt Syl put it on facebook..."Sylvia -- has decided to focus on organizing whatever it is that we need to load onto the ark. I suspect that we will be boarding before the day is over." Well, that about sums up the weather today.

As for the algebra, we have a new Math course for our home school this year. Math has never been my favorite subject to say the least, after all isn't that why they invented calculators? :) But I must say I really am enjoying this new math course! At least so far.

Christmas presents. A few months before Christmas 2007, our family decided to try a new way of giving gifts. Instead of everyone giving everyone something, we decided for that we siblings should draw names for that year. Well, we all enjoyed that so much that it has become a tradition. Oh, and by the way, we still do something small for everyone (for instance, last year Rosanna made picture frames for each of us with a picture of Niagara falls and a bible verse), but this just allows us to put some extra thought into that particular persons gift for that year. Another fun thing about doing it this way is you don't know which sibling drew your name! And if they can keep secrets well, you won't know until Christmas Eve! :)

So anyway, we drew names a few weeks ago and I drew ---------------'s name! It is going to be fun working on a gift for this sibling! And the best part is I am pretty sure that ----------------- does not know I picked their name! :)

And that brings me to the scented candles...I love them! Don't you? My brothers aren't usually as thrilled with them, simply because on more than one occasion they have come into the house and thought we were baking them something to eat only to find out it was a candle! So anyway, when my sister went to Wal-mart I asked her to bring me back an apple pie candle that I could have on my desk. And as I write this post, I am enjoying the aroma!

Well, that's all for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment