Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Home Projects

Well, if you are wondering what our family is currently up to, the answer is...home construction projects. Last week we tore down the old walls in what used was Dad's old office and is going to be the girls new room (we are currently staying in what will be Dad's new office). We are also working on the room next to the old office/new girls room (that would be the girls old room). Now that all the old walls are torn down Dad is working on framing our new closets and then they have to insulate that section of the house (our house was built in the mid-1800's and there is no insulation on the front side!). Then of course the fun of sheetrock, carpeting, painting, wallpapering, curtain making etc...and hopefully moving in before Christmas.

Besides those projects, we are also working on scraping and painting one side of the house that has not been painted for a very long time!

I wish I had pictures to post to help you understand a little better what we are doing, but currently I don't have a working camera so pictures will be rare. I am working on using our digital video camera to document the progress we make, so maybe I can post a video later on. Rosanna has posted a couple of pictures on her blog if you want to check them out there.

Well, that's all for now. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. That will be fun for you to have a new room! Sounds like your very busy!

    ReplyDelete