Monday, April 20, 2009

Living in Truth...

On Saturday, Mom, Rosanna and I, as well as three ladies from our church went to a Ladies Seminar at a nearby church.

Rosanna with Aggie & Agnes from our church.

During the breaks between sessions, I was able to talk with some other young ladies who came.

Mariah & Maggie (the youngest little lady at the seminar).

After a delicious lunch we were served a common desert in an uncommon way, canned cakes.

Yes, I did say CANNED cakes! They are made with a normal cake batter and then baked in canning jars and sealed up as soon as they came out of the oven. They tasted really great and they stay fresh longer because they are sealed up. In fact the lady that made them had them done a week before the seminar and they tasted as though they were made that day! We are going to try them again at home sometime, so that the boys can try them.

Enjoying the cakes, Yummy!
(Yes, mine is already gone and I am watching Mom enjoy hers!)

Everyone was given an apron when we left. Mom, Rosanna and I found three that matched, what fun!

The sessions were very encouraging and challenging at the same time. The theme this year was, "Living in Truth." Mrs. Kinney who taught the session read from parts of Lies Women Believe, a book by Nancy Leigh Demoss. Ever since the garden of Eden, Satan has been trying to decieve women with lies about God, sin, priorities, marriage and family, emotions, ect... Knowing the truth found in God's word is the only way to be set free from the bondage these lies have put us in.

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
John 8:32

2 comments:

  1. Elizebeth~
    The pictures are great! Its nice to see them and remember what a good time we had, and the blessing the seminar was!
    I also enjoyed seing the pictures of you and your sister in your Easter dresses!
    You do a good job taking pictures!

    ReplyDelete