Saturday, July 30, 2011

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Does you family like tacos? Our family loves taco salad! So the other day while scrolling through the Heavenly Homemaker's blog, I came across this recipe for homemade taco seasoning. I decided to give it a try. I made the seasoning and then whipped up a small batch of taco meat with it. It turned out SO good! My Mom and brothers loved it, and so did my Dad. This recipe is...

1. Easy to make and store
2. Healthier (no preservatives etc...)
3. Cheaper (way cheaper)
4. Tastes great! (Did I already mention that?)  :) 

So are you craving tacos or taco salad yet? :) If so, then here is the recipe...

Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix

1/2 cup chili powder
1/4 cup onion powder
1/8 cup ground cumin
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon paprika
1 Tablespoon sea salt

Put all ingredients into a jar and shake. Wait...put a lid on the jar...then shake. :)

Three Tablespoons of Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix is equal to one 4-ounce package of taco seasoning mix.  I would recommend adding 3 Tablespoons of mix to one pound of browned ground meat for tacos.

Also, shake the jar again before each use to make sure the spices are well distributed throughout the mix.

Yep, it's that easy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment