Sunday, August 1, 2010

Cleaning my room...

On my agenda for tomorrow is...cleaning my room! Why? Well...besides just the fact that it DESPERATELY needs to be done, there is also a small flash drive somewhere in there that contains my pictures of Louisiana! Since tomorrow is a holiday where I live, and I am off work, I plan to upload my pictures of Louisiana tomorrow...or at least get started...I have a lot of pictures to go through!

I read something today that I would like to share with you. 

-----------------------------------------------------------
Many years ago, Matthew Henry, a well-known Bible scholar, was once robbed of his money. Knowing that it was his duty to give thanks in everything, he meditated on this incident and recorded in his diary the following:

"Let me be thankful, first, because he never robbed me before; second, because although he took my purse, he did not take my life; third, because although he took all I possessed, it was not much; and fourth, because it was I who was robbed, not I who robbed."

Matthew Henry (1662-1714)
-----------------------------------------------------------

This story made me think of several things, including how we often hold onto temporal things too tightly (as my overstuffed room can testify). What if someone took away all the things you owned? Would you be able to respond with this kind of gratitude? 

I'm going to spend some time thinking that through tomorrow...while I clean my room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment