I really enjoy baking and trying out new recipes and my brother's have sure never been bothered by that. :)
Anyway, I tried out a new cookie recipe a couple of weeks ago and my family really likes them so I though I would share it here. The cinnamon adds a really yummy flavour to them!
Chewy Apple Oatmeal Cookies:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup chopped apples
Directions: In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in oats and apples.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. ENJOY! Yield: 4 dozen.
P.S. I was going to post pictures, but they disapeared so fast I did not get the chance! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment