Monday, February 23, 2009

Guess what we got this morning....


MORE SNOW!!


When I got up and looked out my window this morning we had between 12-24 inches (depending on the drifty areas) of snow from the storm last night. Well, actually it is still snowing, but I think most of the storm is over. We already had quite a bit of snow on the ground before this storm so now the snow is really deep, and the snowbanks really high!

(Above) Me
(Below) Our home

Our van got stuck leaving the driveway...
...and it took about half an hour for Joshua & Andrew to get it out.

Rosanna shoveling the front side walk, notice how deep the snow is?

Okay so she was kneeling down! :)

Nathanael shoveling.
The snowbank between us and our neighbors.

Smokey says, "This is NOT the weather I requested! Fix it!"

After taking pictures for awhile, I walked to the grocery store to pick up some things for my Mom. When I arrived on the main road I realized that there was no sidewalk plowed! The good news was that although the street is usually busy...
...today it was almost empty of traffic!

And just to give you an idea of how BIG the snowbanks are...


...this is a BIG hardware store that you can just see a small part of...

...and this is a snowbank in front of a large supermarket.
Anyway, I enjoy winter, but I am starting to look forward to spring!
(This post is especially for my cousins in Florida who are mowing lawns and enjoying the early strawberry season!)

No comments:

Post a Comment